The Dykstra Media Site

Recent Updates

Reincarnation of the Dykstra Family Blog
Chad Dykstra - 2014-06-03

Comrades is Coming!
Chad Dykstra - 2013-04-29

Melkam Gena!
Chad Dykstra - 2013-01-07

Why I Run
Chad Dykstra - 2012-10-03

It's All About the Injera
Chad Dykstra - 2012-03-09

Expectations and Reality
Chad Dykstra - 2012-02-15

I Remember
Chad Dykstra - 2011-10-25

A Summer of Firsts
Chad Dykstra - 2011-09-13

View list of all posts

When are we supposed to leave again?

Chad Dykstra - 2010-11-26
0 comment(s) - View or write a comment

Well, it's now November 26, and we still don't have our official invitation to travel to Ethiopia on December 1!  Yes - that's 5 days from now.  We're doing OK...but it's starting to get hard!  Bethany is doing what they can (we know it's not your fault Belinda, we still love you) but the US Embassy in Addis is overloaded, on a golf retreat, celebrating Thanksgiving for the past few weeks, or just generally busy.  We're being told that we will hear on Monday if everything is cleared for our trip.

The wait doesn't bother us so much, we're just hoping they don't consider it "too short of notice" and decide to postpone it until December 23 or beyond.  At this point, we've already booked our tickets because the change fee is less than we'd probably have spent to buy our tickets last minute.  If we're required to change our tickets, there would be an extra $1000 in change fees plus any fare difference, which at this point is at least $700 per ticket due to the next Embassy appointments being on December 21 and returning home on Christmas eve.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers, we appreciate them!  Please pray the embassy has time to review the cases on Monday and that we get good news!  We'll be sure to update as soon as we hear back.


Like this on Facebook!

Comments

Post a Comment

Your email address will not be displayed.

Your Name:
Email Address:
Be notified of future comments to this post.